Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

App to allow Invite Attendee without BES?

I'm not sure if there's an app for this, but here goes...

I have a Curve 8330, and use Microsoft Outlook with Exchange Server, on Verizon.  I'm the only BB user in our small office, so we didn't want to spend the money on BES.  The main function that I seem to be missing (and getting annoyed by) is not being able to invite another attendee to a meeting when I schedule it on my BB.  My husband and I work together, but if I make an appointment while I'm out of the office, I don't always remember to add him to the meeting after I sync.  (He has a Treo, fwiw.)  Also, he doesn't always add me to meetings, so yesterday we just found out we both had scheduled meetings at the same time tonight - but no babysitter available.  Oops...this is the sort of thing we were trying to avoid when I got my Curve!

I found a review for Nice Office that make it sound like even though they advertise being able to do this, it wouldn't actually let you do it with the free version.  I also found an app called See Fi that seems like it might do a similar sort of thing, though not as straightforwardly, although it does seem to allow you to look at someone else's calendar to find out availability.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: App to allow Invite Attendee without BES?

hello,

from your BB device when you create an event, you can add as many attendees as you want. Please read the help section about creating calendar events on your device.

but the response (accept/reject/maybe) will not be taken care of since you are not using BES, but you can use Microsoft Outlook Web Access and it will enable your BB device to access all the Exchange data on your BlackBerry device, including availability of your colleagues.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: