Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: telus

App world - Can't Use

When I open App World I enter my email address and password and it opens to the page that shows my Blackberry ID, allows me to change my password etc. Then when I attempt to save it it asks me if I would like to migrate to PayPal to load my purchased apps on my new phone.

Once I get there I enter my email address and password, but then it kicks me back to the previous page and says "This customers payer ID did not match any in our database. (Error Id: 31202) But I can log in to Pay Pal online with that same information.

How do I go about fixing this? Any help is greatly appreciated

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: App world - Can't Use

Do you have more than one email associated with your paypal account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: telus

yes, but I've tried them both and neither of them seem to work. It just keeps kicking me back and popping up with that error message

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Hi,

I had the same problem after i updated to the new os version. when i got the message about the new app world update i went into appworld and put in my email and password, it wouldnt take it. i thought i just put in the wrong password but when i tried the "forget password" link it gave me an error saying that my blackberry wasnt registered, which was weird coz the @att.blackberry.net email im using works and i was also able to use BBM.  RIM customer service told me that my BB was registered since i signed up with ATT. so all i did was create a new blackberry id using the same email that i used before, i thought id get a message saying that the email was already registered but i didnt.

again i dont have a paypal account linked to my email so im not sure if there are any ramifications on that, but you might want to try to what i did and create a new blackberry id with all the same informaion, including, email that you used originally

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

undignified wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem after i updated to the new os version. when i got the message about the new app world update i went into appworld and put in my email and password, it wouldnt take it. i thought i just put in the wrong password but when i tried the "forget password" link it gave me an error saying that my blackberry wasnt registered, which was weird coz the @att.blackberry.net email im using works and i was also able to use BBM.  RIM customer service told me that my BB was registered since i signed up with ATT. so all i did was create a new blackberry id using the same email that i used before, i thought id get a message saying that the email was already registered but i didnt.

again i dont have a paypal account linked to my email so im not sure if there are any ramifications on that, but you might want to try to what i did and create a new blackberry id with all the same informaion, including, email that you used originally

Ok, lets not confuse the BlackBerry ID email and password with your email address and password registered in BIS.  These are two different things.  You have to create a BlackBerry ID using your email address and creating a new BlackBerry ID and password.  It's totally separate from than the BIS registration when you add an email account to your BlackBerry, even though you will use the same email address that you have registered with BIS to receive emails on your BlackBerry. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

oh thanks Smiley Wink, sorry if im mixing it up, and yeah nothing to do with BIS (which if found out when i called RIM)

i guess what i was trying to say is that i got back in to the app world by creating a new blackberry id using all the same information i did before it locked me out.