Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

App world (app upgrades)

Hello,

How can I update apps that I paid for in BB app world. Quicklaunch is an example, I have version 2.11, but 2.12 is out. Mobi app store will automatically update versions that you purchased. How can I update in BB world? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App world (app upgrades)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If the developer releases the update to AppWorld, it will display an icon at the top of your screen notifying you that AppWorld has the update. Otherwise, you can search through AppWorld to see if the updates are available. But, if the developer has not released the update to RIM, then it won't come through to AppWorld. Basically, the developer is in control.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you for the warm greeting and hello. On BB app worlds online listing they have version 2.12 up; however, when I'm in BB app world on my Tour it says version 2.11. So I'm confused.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The developer must release each version of their app for each BB and OS level that they have chosen to support. It likely takes them some time to customize the code for all devices that they support. The online catalog is the total catalog -- not filtered for your specific BB. The on-device catalog is filtered for only those things that the developer has certified for your device and OS.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Tour

I installed the BB app world upgrade on my tour this morning. Now when I view the pay apps list the price is listed in foreign currency. How do I change this back to $... I have not been able to find the answer, and it is annoying me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

Highlighted
Visitor

I have updated app world and have the same currency issue as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.