Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App world download stuck/frozen

[ Edited ]

I tried to download google talk on appworld.  The download has been stuck/frozen on "starting download" for the last week.  I have tried a battery pull, uninstalling and reinstalling app world, and logging into paypal as has been suggested elsewhere.  None of these attempts solved the problem.  What else can I do?

I am using the most recent version of app world.

Message Edited by vyrenee on 08-17-2009 09:18 AM
Trusted Contributor

Re: App world download stuck/frozen

Wait!

Lets see on Friday the same thing happened to me; I was downloading  a "Drivers Ed Lite" application, I saw the progress bar reach the end, then I saw "ready to install" I clicked it and it was installing I guess; after a literal 5 minutes, and throughout the whole time, my busy icon (clock) bar kept going; so I did a battery pull.

When it came back online I went into App World and it said "starting download" but then froze there forever.

I did everything, I enabled compatbility, I edited permissions to "allow" connections, I un installed and re installed App World. I couldnt do anything to fix it.

I called Verizon who then sent me to Blackberry but I then waited 1 day to call.

I tried downloading another software (thankfully both were free), it downloaded and it said "ready to install" I waited a literal 10minutes + and nothing happened; nothing showed up on my cell phone, nothing showed up under "Options>Advanced Options>Applications"

Blackberry Tech Support said "this is a known issue, there is no ETA when it will be resolved"

So I guess the only thing I can do is wait for someone to post there has been a fix or await a new version of Blackberry App World

bleh

Til then I am just gonna download applications manually, find it on the internet then send it to my phone instead of using App World.

OH BTW theres another Application similiar to Blackberry App World, its called "Handango InHand", give that a try Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I have this exact same problem...hope it gets resolved soon.

New Contributor

Has this been resolved yet, I have an app that is stuck too.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Another user has found a solution to this problem and posted it in these forums...it is to clear the application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and press "RST"

3b. For Storm -- Hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit "34("

3a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Worked for me! Thanks!
New Contributor

Thank you Thank you, it worked!
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

This solution solved the same problem for me as well.

This worked for me also

How do you follow these instructions on a Tour? I might be blind, but I don't see a button labeled "RST".

I had Google Talk bound to the right side convenience button. One day I pressed the button and nothing happened. The options showed that button wasn't bound to anything. I looked and Google Talk was just missing. I went to re-download it, thinking I accidentally deleted it. The download process was extremely long. Then, it said it was ready to install, but never progressed. I went to application list in the options menu and deleted Google Talk (It was showing up there, but nowhere else). I then tried to redownload it and it's been sitting on "download starting" for hours. I live in Seattle, so this isn't a connection problem.