Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: orange

App world in Israel

Hi,

How can I download apps from Israel or access the app world? The 9800 won't let me in the website saying "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country..."

Thanks,

Dor

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App world in Israel

dorshmu wrote:

Hi,

How can I download apps from Israel or access the app world? The 9800 won't let me in the website saying "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country..."

Thanks,

Dor

You can't... that's the reason. The service providers in Israel have not signed agreements to support AppWorld with RIM.

You can use mobihand.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Project Manager

Hi just to inform, 

I've opened a case on the subject with the Israely ministry of communication  - hopefully they will force the providers to open the service - and we could all enjoy the app world in Israel.

could you please elaborate a bit on what exactly they should sign?

also could you please make sure that this is the only problem we have?

RIM customers in Israel, please join me and put pressure on the service providers in Israel

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year  

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Project Manager

Hi 

Just finished a call with a Cellcom representative, one of Israel's leading providers, and they actually say that RIM is the one to blame for the current status. 

Could you please help us understand whats the truth? and more importantly when and how could we change this?

thanks 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

amitsivan wrote:

Hi 

Just finished a call with a Cellcom representative, one of Israel's leading providers, and they actually say that RIM is the one to blame for the current status. 

Could you please help us understand whats the truth? and more importantly when and how could we change this?

thanks 

There is no one here who could possibly provide you the details you seek. Doing so would be in violation of several things, including the ToS of this site as well as NDA's that the person with authoritative knowledge would be bound by. But, if I had to guess, it would not be the first time that a representative of a carrier tried to fob off blame "elsewhere"...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................