Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

App world won't open

HI,  I have a BB Bold 9870 that's about a year and half old, and I've never had problems with it, until now. 

For the last week or two I've been having trouble with BB App World.

The app will not launch. I've tried rebooting, battery pull while power is on and off, deleting and reinstalling both an older version and the current version, and it downloads and installs fine, but still won't open. I haven't installed any other apps (read on another forum that some cause problems).

Not sure where to go from here. 

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: BB 9870
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App world won't open

Which OS version are you on?
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9810
My Carrier: MTN

I have the same problem too!! the appworld won't open. instead it pop up an error message. I use a blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7 on it. Please what can be done to rectify this mess. Cos I already tried uninstalling the software and reinstalled it back still with no positive result.
New Contributor

OS is 6

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Same here.

OS 6 on 9650.

I removed all third party applications and restarted the BB 100 times, battery pull and so long.

Should I do "wipe" the phone?

Thanks

New Contributor

What finally worked for me was hooking it up to the computer and using the BlackBerry Desktop software to uninstall all 3rd party apps, reboot, still didn't work so I then uninstalled APP world and reboot again, and then reinstall app world... it took 3 tries of uninstalling/reinstalling but the last time it finally worked. It was a total fluke.  My next step was to reformat/wipe the phone... hopefully you don't have to do that, either.  It hasn't happened again, I'm sure it had something to do with the last app world update (or facebook, the newest versions have caused me some grief), but I think/hope it's all sorted out.

New Contributor

Those are the steps I did on my 9650:

- Security Wipe --- "User Installed Applications"

- Connected to  "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and I was prompted to downgrade "BBM" and to reinstall "Blackberry 6.0.0 System Software" and to install "Facebook".

- Installed App World from http://m.blackberry.com/www/en/appworld.html

All good now!!!

I guess something was corrupted and that’s why wasn’t working properly.

New Contributor

Worked for a while and now is not working anymore.

I also noticied that upon start up app world will stay running in the memory and pressing the BB symbol will show as active running application.

I am wiping the phone!!! 

Any other comments on this issue?

Thanks 

My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: cOol

Am using blackberry 9650 an my app world is not run I have reinstall and install 20 times still negative result but it do open as browser but I can't download
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: blackberry

My app world don't want to open it keep on showing signing up I have a blackberry 9300 what am I to do please help me