Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

AppWorld Updated-Now BlackBerry ID Locked Out

Today AppWorld prompted me to update to a new version.  I did the update.  When I rebooted and opened AppWorld again it said it needed to download a new BlackBerry ID.  It did the download and I rebooted again.  Now when I try to use AppWorld it says my BlackBerry ID has been locked out for security reasons.  I can log in via the web just fine and even reset my password. 

Anybody else seen this?

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: globe

Re: AppWorld Updated-Now BlackBerry ID Locked Out

have you try to delete ur appsworld and reinstall it again?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes, that seems to have fixed it. I doubt I'll be the only one with this issue. Something in the update and then the new BB ID app didn't jive too well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I have the same issue. I deleted and reinstalled AppWorld but it still says that my blackberry ID is locked. I also tried resetting my password, but it did not solve the problem.

Now I can't download anything. Smiley Sad

My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

This appears to have worked:

If the password for a BlackBerry® ID account has been forgotten and the login is unsuccessful, please use the following process to reset the password.

To generate a password reset email, please follow these steps:

1. Browse to the following location using the BlackBerry browser or desktop browser:http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword
  2. Enter the BlackBerry ID email address and the CAPTCHA characters, then click Submit >
  3. A confirmation message will display A password reset email has been sent toemail@domain.com, at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the BlackBerry ID email address. 

Note: For security purposes, this reset email will NOT be delivered to the BlackBerry smartphone.

To reset the BlackBerry ID, please follow these steps:

1. Login to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the desktop browser or the browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook
  2. Locate the BlackBerry ID password reset email in the inbox and select the link within the email
  3. The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from bbidpw-donotreply@blackberry.com. If the email is not found in the inbox, please check your spam folder.
  4. When the password reset page loads, enter the new password along with a confirmation of that new password. Then click Submit >
  5. A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully
Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: blackberry ID

My blackberry ID is security locked,I tried reseting my password and creating a new one but now when I enter the password it says''Please enter the username associated with the smartphone''What can I do to resolve this problem I can't download anything...Please HELP