Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: SaskTel

AppWorld will not launch

I recently updated Blackberry AppWorld to the newest version, but now it refuses to launch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly. It is frustrating because I know I have other apps that need updating...
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: AppWorld will not launch

Hello meiri

Welcome to the Community 

Sorry to hear what happened to the Blackberry App World. This has been an issue with it. Is there an error message that pops up when you access the app?

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

No error message. When I'm on my home screen and hold the BlackBerry button, AppWorld shows up in my open apps, but there is *nothing*.
Forums Veteran I

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

New Contributor

When I do that, it removes AppWorld from the open Apps list, but does not help me launch it. This is the fifth time I've tried installing since the last update, and each previous install I've tried launching two or three times.
Forums Veteran I

Is the Blackberry App World icon missing or it's there but does not allow you to open it?

New Contributor

The icon is there, but when I tap it, nothing happens, except for the icon showing up in the open apps list.
New Contributor

Actually, now the AppWorld app is open all the time with my latest uninstall/reinstall attempt. Always running, never launching.

Well, that explains my exceptionally high battery use lately.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi Meiri. Does no-one have the answer to this then? I too have exactly same problem. Very annoying.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I think we'll have to wait for the next AppWorld update, Twiglets. Smiley Sad