Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Application Backup and Restore???

Hi,

I wanted to use my Storm for my Corporate Email but, I was informed that if I leave the company, they will reset my phone to factory default settings. In that case I will lose all my applications and data that I have saved on my phone. If I do a backup using the Desktop Manager, Can I restore all the applications as they were before?

My idea is: Take a backup regularly, use corporate email on my Storm and then when I leave the company and when my phone is cleaned up completely, Can I restore using the Desktop Manager to get back to its previous stage including the applications and their settings?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Application Backup and Restore???

You can indeed do this, but it requires a bit of a work around.  Here is a manual that someone else wrote up on how to do this.  I've tried this technique and it does indeed work.

http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides/geek-guide-how-to-backup-and-restore-your-3rd-party-applica...

Note that if any of these were paid applications, you will need to keep your activation codes to do the reinstall.

Hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Application Backup and Restore???

>>Note that if any of these were paid applications, you will need to keep your activation codes to do the reinstall. I have some applications that were activated over-the-air. I wasn't given an activation code. How do I find or keep track of my activation codes? And equally important, how do I reinsert/reinitialize my applications after a recovery?