Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Application Loading

I am new to the Blackberry world coming from Palm.  I am running a Verizon BB Curve 8330 with v4.3 and BB Desktop Mgr. v4.3.  I have contacted Verizon and they have been little help in solving this issue. Since purchasing the unit, I have been unable to load applications through the desktop software.  I receive a "No application found for your device" response everytime I attempt to install. I have gone through the steps, opened the .alx file via the application loader and I receive that meesage.  This happen everytime with different types of software.  What am I not doing or what steps am I missing?  BTW, if available I can download the software OTA so it has not been a compatibility issue with the unit.  Please help?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Application Loading

Please mention what you're trying to install and from what soruce?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I have tried Empower, Tipper, BB Iphone theme, and a Beta version of Agendus.  I realize the Agendus software might be suspect.  However, all of the other are application I found through crackeberry's site or handango, which I was told by the verizon people should be compatible with the 8330.  The application Loader recognizes the software once I placed it on the device OTA, but I have yet to find a piece of software that has both OTA and PC capabilities and has allowed PC installation.
Highlighted
Developer

It looks like if you don't have the correct device software and desktop software installed.

Here you can update the device and desktop software.

Remember: the device software is not installed on your device; it is just a software installed to your PC, that allows communication with the device through the desktop software.

Here you can download the newest device and desktop software for your device.

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I'm not certain what you mean when you say "correct" software installed. When I look at my unit and the BB desktop software, the versions match.  From what I have read, VZW does not support anything more than version 4.3 at this time.  If I were to upgrade to v4.5, I am bit uneasy about what that would do to the performance (seeing as how vzw tweaks the os of most phones), not to mention further troubleshooting of the phone. I am assuming vzw would wip their hands if I install non-supported versions. As am aside, my BB and the desktop software are able to communicate/sync with MS outlook and the third party apps I installed OTA, such as Splash ID for BB.

I am having the same problem - also on Verizon and Blackberry world.  If a solution to the problem is found, I'd be verry interested.

Nancy