04-28-2009 10:32 PM
Hello, I am new to using a blackberry. I've had my Bold for about 6 weeks now. I continue to have problems with it running slowly and using up all the application memory. I have it in an "otterbox defender" case, so constantly taking the battery out is not very easy. I work in the field in EMS and like the protection the case offers the phone. If there is any way to solve this besides hard resetting it all the time, I would greatly appreciate any input.
04-29-2009 12:59 AM
You're facing memory constraints in your device. Due to which MMS are being received in your device but for low memory they were deleted you even see them.
Perform the following steps –
1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory
3. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
4. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
5. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card
Check the below Knowledge Bases -
For restarting your device Alt (left) + CAP (right)+ Del key on your keyboard at time. This will make your restart.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit