Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Application Memory (New Blackberry User)

Hello,  I am new to using a blackberry.  I've had my Bold for about 6 weeks now.  I continue to have problems with it running slowly and using up all the application memory.  I have it in an "otterbox defender" case,  so constantly taking the battery out is not very easy.  I work in the field in EMS and like the protection the case offers the phone.  If there is any way to solve this besides hard resetting it all the time,  I would greatly appreciate any input. 

Thanks,

Dave

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Application Memory (New Blackberry User)

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Due to which MMS are being received in your device but for low memory they were deleted you even see them.

Perform the following steps –

1.      Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.

2.      Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory

3.      To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes

4.      Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete

5.      If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

For restarting your device Alt (left) + CAP (right)+ Del key on your keyboard at time. This will make your restart.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit