09-01-2013 01:56 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-01-2013 10:16 AM
09-01-2013 01:00 PM - edited 09-01-2013 01:02 PM
You have two issues. First, 65Mb free of Application Memory is not much. Something is taking up memory. Did you load any new applications when this started? Do you use a media card for pictures and videos?
Second, OS's prior to the one I posted have problems with free memory "leaking" down to 0 over a period of time. How fast depends on how much is free to start with. I would start with updating your OS with the version in the instructions below:
1. First download the OS for the 9810 from here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry
2. Do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Follow the prompts to update the OS to the new version you downloaded.
Once this is done take a look at the free memory. What is it now?
09-01-2013 01:08 PM
09-01-2013 01:13 PM
09-01-2013 01:46 PM
09-01-2013 01:55 PM
09-02-2013 12:15 PM
Hi John, The link you provided for download is for Digicel Group. I am on Vodafone in India. Will the same software work? Or should I download the one specicific to my carrier? Latest package version on the Digicel link is v220.127.116.114 (Applications: 18.104.22.1681) and on the Vodafone India site is v22.214.171.1242 (Applications: 126.96.36.1996). Which one should I use?
09-02-2013 12:28 PM