Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: DU

Re: Application Storage almost full...

The same is the prob with me too, I have others 75 mb, with only 5 mb free space. it is so irritating, can someone help?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Ditto as to app storage full, nothing shows up in third party app list.  Dropped most of the not very large list of thrid party apps but am still plagued with the hour glass/slow problem.

My Device: Torch 9860

I am having the same problem. I even resorted in deleting some applications, but still my "Other" storage space is over 100MB, leaving me with only 5 MB of free space. I have to do a battery pull once to twice a day. RIM....how do we fix this issue!

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: bmobile

Has anyone figured this out? I'm really fed up with having to reboot everyday. I have no such issue with my Android phone.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: Telefonica

Unfortunately not. I have to use my Blackberry as a common phone that sometimes can serve as a calculator: waiting for my contract to end. Nothing comparable to great old Blackberry useful smart phones.

New Contributor

The only thing keeping me on blackberry is BBM. Other than that I have everything I need on my Galaxy S2. There is not much else keeping me.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Long time BB user ... same problems, over and over again.  Waste time looking for solutions to low app storage (etc) on Bold 9700.  Remove the last few useful third party programs. Take the battery out.  Wait on updates that create new problems and historically require time having to re-set up existing programs all over again.  I'm fed up. 

I think the opportunity here is to short RIMM stock.  Us die hard BlackBerry fans surely can't take it much longer.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

The sad truth is that the memory management (A function of the Operating System and of the hardware architecture) should have been fixed at least 5 years ago. Then RIM might have been able to compete.

I swithed my companies to Office 365 with Iphones, ipads and Galaxy S3 devices running very well with ActiveSync...

Too bad, but RIM will go the way Palm and others who were too arrogants and could not innovate went.

Alan Guggenheim

New Contributor

It looks like they will go that way Alan. BBM is the only thing saving them right now.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

I am running 7.1 on 9900 and my other is a whopping 220mb. It fluctuates between 180 and 220 during the course of the day. This is unacceptable. It was buttery smooth but suddently it started accumulating this "other". Nobody knows what is in it.

The only thing that's keeping me with BB is the e-mail functionality but when the device slows down to a crawl because of memory problems and Device Analayzer is asking me to reboot every day, I get frustrated.

I tried BB10, and went back to 9900, but I found BB10 still better than Android however lack of interest from BB as a company and not listening to users is a big time disadvantage. Looks like 10.2 is not going to save BB either, so what do I do? How do I get rid of other. If BB runs fine I don't mind using my 9900 for a few more years!