Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Application loader showing Update when Tour is already current

I have been trying to load a couple purchased apps, but when I use the Application Loader via the Desktop Manager, it shows that I need to update my 'BlackBerry 5.0.0 System Software (v 5.0.0), but my phone has the current version of 5.0.732. I am unable to uncheck the 5.0.0 update and when I attempt to let it run, it hangs every time at the 'connect to boot ROM'. Therefore I am completely unable to load the extra apps that I have already paid for.

I had major issues getting to the current Op system and ended up having to take it to a Verizon store, and even they had problems. Took 3 attempts to wipe my Tour and a total of 4 hours out of my day. I love my Tour but am becoming increasingly annoyed with all of the issues I've had with software and operating systems. On the verge of going back to a non-BB smartphone.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? I can't even uncheck the System Software update as it's grayed out. I did also check wirelessly via my Tour to be sure I was at the latest software version...Desktop Manager begs to differ with me...