Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: rogers

Application loader stopped working

when i plug my blackberry torch on the computer, the DM recognize it but when i go in the application section it starts loading (verifying all the stuff)but then the application loader appears to crash an i get message saying "Handheld Application Loader Wizard has stopped working" and i really dont know what to do

help please

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Application loader stopped working

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The first thing to check is if you are on the most recent Desktop Software version:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: rogers

yes i already checked, i uninstalled the one i add, download the one one blackberry site (6.0.1.18) and reinstalled but i got the same problem. i wiped my phone and tryed to acces the app loader but still get the same result

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Darn...OK...then the next thing I advise is a complete start over...here's a process:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

• Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB...be sure to search your registry for any related to RIM

• Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful

• Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchronizing via USB):

• KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT & T

I have just completed uninstalling both the DTM and the resident copy of the OS version 7.1 (most recent version for AT&T) including the files left in the C:\Program files\Common files\Research In Motion*.*

I found support from Blackberry giving a link once the clean uninstalls have been made.  I then downloaded a previous version the 7.0 for 9810 Torch, AT&T and that install went smoothly, (all previous installs ALWAYS brings back the message " handheld application loader has stopped working".  But then it asked me to reboot the computer, and three automatic updates had to install, and then when accessing the loader.exe file the same message comes again.

I wouldn't worry about it anymore after 10 hours I spent today trying everything everyone has said about this error here and in crackberry forums, but my blackberry is gone and I need to reload the OS.  I have no phone, I can't call out, and I am pretty sure if I take it back to AT&T store, they will say it's not their problem b/c it's a BB thing.  Then I will be without a phone for two weeks while bb reloads it. 

I have a backup online, but it cannot connect with the phone.  I did try a dos batch file but the commands in it are impotent (there but not recognized). 

The Crash began with the Java error which I found out was just preceded by inability to load the Blackberry App programs (the whole module).  So I had a JV102 error first.  I got the Batch file to print out the sequence to Notepad and saved it, but the command to erase, reset to factory default, that it has didn't work.  I think the fella who provided it didn't copy it correctly and there are hundreds of other links that were hijaced online so you really can't even find it.  so I won't mention its name here as it will just waste everyone's time.

What we need here, is for BLACKBERRY  to provide it's own patch and now!  The Desktop Manager doesn't work, and neither does the Application Loader - It has a basic conflict with Vista, and I am quite sure they are pointing fingers at each other, leaving us out here in the lurch without any help at all! 

This did not use to be the case.  When I had version 6 and the old DTM I had to reload OS and had no problem at all.  Now, with the new 7.1 version out and the new DTM 7.1 out, NOTHING WORKS AT ALL!!  Not even my backup supposed to ensure remote tracking, backup, and everything - but nothing.

I have see in the past when BB RIM has released new versions, there is ALWAYS a CRASH.  Reminds me of WIN 3.1 - C'mon guys.. get on the stick here.  If your updates involve the use of new JAVAscripts, and you faile to engineer the software into the applications - .. well duh. 

I really expected more from RIM - but in reading other posts, I can see why they should be worried about their stocks going down.  I believe everyone would love the product, if there was an ounce of support that went with it. 

I would appreciate knowing when I can have a fix for this dead end.

Contributor

I read this post and thought I had written it and forgot I had written it.  Thank you.  I am having the same problem and the real problem is the Blackberry RIM REFUSSES TO ADMIT THIS IS A GLITCH IN THEIR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING.  The appwizard will not work, and if you have AT&T you must go physically in to the store and have them reload the OS for you.  When they do, it will be missing the Blackberry Maps.  I had to do all you just wrote about plus this.  Then last night, I called (you get ONE phone call to support in your lifetime), and they did not even admit or recognize the problem = the second my contract is up, i am switching.  They have converted me into a bb hater.  I have heard it said people either love them or hate them.  I would venture that those who love them have never had a real problem, because they have NO SUPPORT.

Contributor

When you get into a real problem with BB RIM, the time it takes you to troubleshoot, then research, then try to contact them, then .. the ultimate useless contact where they just keep repeating the problem back to you and the same resolutions you have already worn out three times over and two weeks later with no sleep, REMINDS ME OF dealing with Microsoft then Win 3.1 was out.  C'mon guys where's your engineering?

Contributor

It still doesn't work
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

You can always revert to an older Desktop Software version...here's a location: