Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

Application permissions for OS 7

Can someone help please?

I have accidentally changed the default permissions on my Blackberry Bold 9790 & now applied these.

Can anyone tell me how to get back to the proper factory default application permissions without having to do a security wipe or if is there a list somewhere of what they should be so i can manually set them back.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Application permissions for OS 7

Hello and Welcome to the Community!

If you are setting just one application, and it can easily be downloaded, you may wanna delete the app then reinstall it. By doing that, the newly installed app will definitely have the default permissions.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Application permissions for OS 7

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Sorry I wasn't too clear in my first post what I did was change some of the permissions then I pressed set as defaults. What I wanted to know was, is there a way to get back to the defualts the phone came with, without having to do a security wipe?

To make matters worse I also accidentally pressed apply defaults to the blackberry system software when trying to get it back. Am concernered the phone won't work correctly now I have done this? What do you think?