Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: DTEK 50
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

Application that asks for credentials at startup only

Hello,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place, if not, please my apologizes. I'm looking for an app that would ask for credentials only at startup and in case that the password is entered 3 times wrongly, the device is reset.

I've a BES server and I would like that to be managed from there.

Does anyone has a software to recommend?

Kind REgards,

poy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Application that asks for credentials at startup only

Hello,

Well, if I understand you correctly, there is no app required. Simply activate the device lock password and limit the incorrect attempts to 3. As far as I know, you can do this via IT Policy (assuming of course that you are not on BESX). You should probably research the capabilities of your BES to learn how to do this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: DTEK 50
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hello and thanks for your reply.

the problem of this is to use that feature, we have to lock the keyboard by password I guess right? which means if you look to your emails like each 10 min, you get crazy entering that password right?

that's why I asked for a soft asking for password at startup only of the BB.

any suggestions?
poypoy
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I think that there are four events that activate the password lock.

1) The on-screen icon -- locks the BB "on demand"
2) The timeout value configured - between 1 minute and 1 hour (at least on mine)
3) Holstering -- you can force it to lock (a configuration selection)
4) Reboot of the device

Hopefully a combination of those will meet your needs. Otherwise, you will be indeed searching for some add-on (and I somewhat doubt any exist since this security feature is already pretty robust and meets most everyone's needs).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................