Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9250
My Carrier: Singtel

Applications for BB Storm 9520

If i am not wrong, both the BB storm 9520 and 9550 are similar phones right? Just that the 9520 runs on gsm and the 9550 runs on cdma. However, i was sad to see that there are much more applications that runs on the 9550 model and not the 9520 model! Can anyone advice or tell me why?( Example, one such app is the hungrygowhere app) Is it possible for BlackBerry to allow the applications that are running on the 9550 models to also run on the 9520 too?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Applications for BB Storm 9520

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Every BB model number is unique. The OS's may well be similar, but they are not identical. Hence, it is up to the app developers to port their applications to all of the BB models that they choose to support.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for your reply. Im currently a new BB user in Singapore. We run on a GSM backbone here and its quite sad that the particular apps that are useful in SG mostly runs on the BlackBerry 9550 and 9700 phones rather than the 9520 phones that are sold here. Is there anything blackberry can do to offer the apps that run on the 9550 phones to also run on the 9520 phones?

New Contributor

Hi and thanks for your reply. Im currently a new BB user in Singapore. We run on a GSM backbone here and its quite sad that the particular apps that are useful in SG mostly runs on the BlackBerry 9550 and 9700 phones rather than the 9520 phones that are sold here. Is there anything blackberry can do to offer the apps that run on the 9550 phones to also run on the 9520 phones? I have also checked, the apps running on the 9520 phones are almost half of those running on the 9550 platform. I have chosen the 9520 over the 9700 due to the preference of touch screen and also thinking that it would be more of a smart phone as compared to the 9700. However, its sad to know its quite the opposite looking at the apps available.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...well...I refer you back to my earlier reply...it is up to the app developer, not RIM, to port their app to other BB models.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................