Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Applications memory keeps changing

I have not added any applications to my phone... ever.... however, I notice when I check my memory from time to time it goes from 36.2 to 18.   I then take the battery out and do a reboot and it goes back... what causes this?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Applications memory keeps changing

This is normal. The device uses this memory for running the device and storing other data.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Applications memory keeps changing

Do you use the browser a lot? As you visit websites, a copy get stored in memory to make going back to that same page load faster. So instead of removing the battery (which empties that browser cache), from within the Browser, hit the menu button, then go into Options | Cache Operations and empty it from there

Check the following link, and the links at the bottom of the KB article for ways to free up memory and how the memory gets full even without installing additional applications.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14213

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.