Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 3G - 9300
My Carrier: 3 indonesia

Re: Apploader fails at "reconnecting to jvm"

Check this page for the other way to solve this

http://nobodytrust.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/bb-cant-connect-to-jvm/

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Doesn't work.
New Contributor

I''m sorry if I can't help you out with your problem. But, I fixed mine with that way. And it also fixed some people's too.

Well, I wish you could find the solution on the other site. good luck

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

It not working tired more than once i totaly regret buy this device 

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tmobile

I was ready to throw this thing out the window. This worked for me:

1) Launched blackberry desktop software

2) Plugged in blackberry without battery

3) Chose to Update/Repair

4) Had to install some desktop update, answer yes to security questions, wait, wait, install complete

5) Finall chose Update/Repair and it said it would clear my blackberry, ok

6) Downloaded updates, it kept failing at module 305 or similar

7) Decided to start the whole process on another computer, just in case

8) Downloads all modules, now it hangs over and over at Connecting to JVM

9) Disconnected blackberry, reconnected, tried to Retry (nothing)

10) Disconnected blackberry, put battery in, tried to boot and it went to white 507 screen

11) Connected back to PC (with battery and at 507 screen), pressed retry again, MAGICALLY!!!! it connected and started installing..

Hope this helps someone. Step 12 would have been to throw device onto concrete driveway.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

well, the page of my solution advice was moved to this. http://wp.me/p2WNzl-g

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

I had a problem with reconnecting. It stopped during the update in JVM. All I did is just put on the battery this time and it proceeded to loading application modules. NOW, MY BB CURVE IS BACK!!! WEEEEEEEEEE! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP! 

This made me feel like a GEEK CHIC! hahahaha.. thanks again to all! 

^___^

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: o2

Re: I tried formatting my BB but..................

Hi im Having the same problem now with a blackberry curve 8900 i get it 5 days ago from ebay and when i try to format it everthime it stuck on jvm mode

3 months ago i have the same problem with a blackberry torch but after 3 hours i manage it to work

now been 2 days and nothing

Anyone have a real sulotion for it>?

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: amazon

[ Edited ]

hi  can i help you for this problem , my contect no **Removed**

Edit: Phone removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: VIVO Brasil

[ Edited ]

For those who got this "reconnecting to jvm" message, and after that, the msg "Application loader was unable connect with your device . please reconect your device , enter the password , if required , and click retry", i found myself with same error on my recently bought Bold 9000, and the solution i found was this:

1. Follow THESE instructions. Keep in mind they are only Half of the way.

2. After starting the loader using that method above, remove the baterry and then connect your phone to the USB Cable.

Some people say that the battery and the cable must be blackberry's hardware, but both my cable and my battery are 3rd party hardware, so i believe if they are in order, without damage, you should have nothing to worry about.

3. After some time, you should see a "no baterry" sign on your screen. This sign might take a while to appear to you. For some people could take as long as 15-20 minutes. In my case, 3 or 4 minutes later the sign was shown on screen. The icon could be slightly different from one model to another, but you should see something like this :

No baterry sign

4. When you got the no battery sign (i'm assuming the Loader can identify your device as connected), you should procede to the installation normaly, following the instructions on the Loader program. At the second step of the installation, you will get the "Reconnecting to JVM" pause/slow/error thing. Good, because we need it. 

5. After a while, the "Application loader was unable connect with your device . please reconect your device , enter the password , if required , and click retry" error window pops up, like this:

Loader unable to connect to your device error

Great, that's what we want . Now you must put the battery back to your phone, and THEN you hit RETRY. After that, if you are in my shoes (that is, if you have the same problem i had)  the installation should procede normally for you. DON'T REMOVE THE DEVICE UNTIL YOU SEE THE SYSTEM BACK TO ITS GLORY, EVEN IF YOUR BATTERY IS FULL. I removed my phone from the cable the first time i got this process right, and ALL WAS LOST. Gladly i could do it again, but this time i left the cable on until the phone was restored completely.

OBS: YOU MIGHT HAVE TO RESTART YOUR PHONE IF YOU SEE AN ICON LIKE THIS AFTER THE LOADER FINISHES THE INSTALLATION PROCESS:

baterry charging

It would mean that the OS install process cannot restart the phone by itself, so you must do it for it. In order to do this, again, DON'T REMOVE THE USB CABLE. KEEP THE PHONE CONNECTED. Then remove the baterry and put it back again, just to force a hardware restart. After that, the phone should start the OS installation normally, and the process now might take some good time to finish (10-20 minutes more or less).

Hopefully this process can be the right one for some of you with the same kind of problem. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

PS: All those images are from the internet. I have no rights over them, neither know the authors. I'm just using those as graphical examples, to make things easier. Thanks.