Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Apps Failing after recent upgrades, and 4th Phone multiple problems

First off, for the last 2 years (of the 5 years I have been with Blackberry), I have not been able to find any real individual support for my Blackberry (MANY) problems.  I have sent feedback from the desktop manager, when that finally popped up and of course NEVER, EVER heard anything back from ANYONE!  So... I hope this is RIM trying to finally provide some real customer service...finally!

Last year I purchased the Bold 9930, and with in 2 months already had to replace it due to random keys failing to work.  The next phone, started failing (about 6 months after that) for similar issues.  I take care of my phones and have never had sooooo  many problems with any of them until this model!  The replacement for that came, BUT never even powered up... so had to wait again for ANOTHER replacement and that is now the current phone which is only about 4 months old. 

Recently RIM has upgraded both Facebook & Twitter applications, however now both are failing repeatedly at an unbelievable rate.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled each twice, however the problems are worse than ever.

Facebook app started to re-add my already added friends, and got so bad that in just one evening it tried to re-add the same friend 5 times...I permanently uninstalled it after that! (These are the some of the Facebook problems since the new upgrade.)

Twitter now locks up, and many times a day, EVERY DAY, loses connections, fails, searches, and then the phone just locks on the "refreshing" circle. (These are some of the Twitter problems since the recent upgrade also.)

In the past month, the phone has shut itself off repeatedly IN THE MIDDLE of performing tasks, or just randomly on it's own. 

This morning, when I woke up, it had shut off it's "mobile network" and was dormant, I do not know why?!?! (No, I did not accidentally hit that feature).

I reboot my phone daily, so it maximizes it's performance and optimizes it's memory.

Please tell me if there are any fixes in the work for newly upgraded APPLICATIONS, and if this phone is crapping out like the others!?!!?

Most of my friends and family have left Blackberry because of it's falling behind the times and the other companies becoming superior to your services and products...I tried to stay loyal to you as a customer, BUT... this phone continually makes me furious and as I said before the absence of customer support (availability) over the years, is frustrating at best!

Please let me know if RIM actually will provide me with a phone that works as RIM/Blackberry advertises, as I have paid a lot for your phones over the last 5 years, and am fed up with it!  I am currently in the middle of my Verizon contract and do not feel like paying $600+ for a new phone and the huge penalties of changing contracts due to this phone model being so poor and unreliable.

I have tried to contact you via Twitter, Desktop Manager, and other methods, but have NEVER had any response!

HELP, or lose me as a customer at a HEAVY price out of my wallet...AGAIN!!!

My06Xbox