Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: ATT

Apps and Memory Space

Hello to all. I have a question... I'm having issues with the memory on my 9300... it says that I have 48MB left out of the 250MB... but the problem is that even when I delete an app, very little memory clears. Before I used to have about 150MB available and the device ran perfectly fast and efficien..but now, even with only 3 apps, the device freezes, and is always asking for "memory clearing". I have cleared logs, cookies, close properly the apps...but still ... my memory usage remains high.

Can anyone tell me how to clean up unwanted/un used "things" off of that internal memory to make it run faster? I see "ghost apps" from years ago that are not installed but yet they still remain in the memory.

thanks for your help!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Apps and Memory Space

Hi Mauro106

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What version OS you have on your device ? Apart from applications it also depends on OS you have installed , if you're having OS6 then obliviously it will consume more memory  then OS5.

If you already have only a few applications installed then you can remove any additional language packs from your device , it will clear a few space and delete any unwanted or old messages from your device, if you are having a media card then make sure media card support is enabled and you are using media card as your default storage for any media files Check those KB which might help :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB05478 Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Or you have two options either downgrade your device software to OS5 Or first do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then perform a Clean OS Reload , for that refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.