Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Orange UK

Apps - internal connection not allowed

Device: Torch, 9800, 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105)

Carrier: Orange UK

Connection: BES on wifi and 2G/3G

Hi, hoping one of you can help as this is driving me mad... to set some background, I am on a BES and my colleagues who are on the same BES do not have this issue, our IT people have had a look and told me my policies are exactly the same as those of my colleague who's Bold is working fine. The policy, for clarity, blocks no apps.

The issue is that certain apps e.g. Google Maps, Road Pilot, XPRSS, Photobucket and more give me a variation of the message '... attempted to open a connection that is not allowed by the application's permissions'

XPRSS seems to work OK on wifi, the rest do not. The Blackberry Social Feeds app also does not update my RSS feeds. The only connection to the internet that seems stable is via the browser e.g. I can sign in to Twitter in the browser, but not via the Twitter app.

I have gone in to the permissions of each app many times to try and change them, but the policy is set to custom so on some options I cannot select 'allow' or 'prompt'. Regardless of this, all the options are the same as those on my colleagues phone, and his works fine. Screen shots to follow shortly.

So far I have had the IT policies re-sent which made no difference, so I did a complete device wipe of all data and used 3rd party software to make sure all IT policies were removed. I then re-activated the device on the enterprise server. No difference, worse if anything.

I have compared Wifi - TCP/IP service books with my colleague, they look the same.

The only difference I have found between our two devices so far is that when on wi-fi the phone status for us both says BES and BIS are connected via wifi. When not on wifi, for me only the BES is connected via mobile network whereas my colleague's status says BIS and BES are connected via mobile network.

I'm open to any ideas - please help!

P.S. Apologies for the length of the post, I thought I would provide as many details as possible.

New Contributor

Screen Shots of Google Maps Permissions and Error

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg

New Contributor

Re: Apps - internal connection not allowed

Hasn't anyone got any ideas I could try?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Apps - internal connection not allowed

Not much of a 'support' forum as no one has replied with any ideas of help at all.

For the benefit of anyone with a similar issue who happens to find this thread though - my issue was the BIS service had not been provisioned on my SIM, only BES, so having BIS added sorted the problem