Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Apps won't install: BlackBerry Desktop Mgr failed to validate your BlackBerry device update

Just tried out the new Desktop Manager for Mac and it seems to blow up when trying to either install or uninstall applications.

I get the following error:

BlackBerry® Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry® device update.

Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk

Some users have reported success with uninstalling an app first, but no luck with me.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Tom

New Contributor

Re: Apps won't install: BlackBerry Desktop Mgr failed to validate your BlackBerry device update

Hey
U beat me to it.  I am having the same problem.  I hope if this a bug that they are able to fix it in a patch release or find a workaround.  Everything else seems to work well from the few times I have played with it since installing it last night.  I called VZW and they were clueless as what I was referring to so tey connected me to BB, lol  
New Contributor

Re: Apps won't install: BlackBerry Desktop Mgr failed to validate your BlackBerry device update

By any chance are you running Snow Leopard?  I am, maybe that might have something to do with it, not sure though.  Did you also get the error message about the Mac OS not being able to repair the disk and that it is not possible to write to the disk but view only?  I received that  eror when plugging in the BB device after installing Desktop Manager.  I have a BB Tour 
New Contributor

halo32679 wrote:
By any chance are you running Snow Leopard?  I am, maybe that might have something to do with it, not sure though.  Did you also get the error message about the Mac OS not being able to repair the disk and that it is not possible to write to the disk but view only?  I received that  eror when plugging in the BB device after installing Desktop Manager.  I have a BB Tour 

I am running Snow Leopard as well and experiencing the same issues as yourself. Have you resolved this problem yet?

New Contributor

i have also the same problem , with snow leopard ... 

what should we do ?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

The answer to this issue has been posted:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-for-Mac/Help-BlackBerry-Desktop-Manager-failed/m-p...

...you need to uncheck all of the language modules not in use.  It has nothing to do with SL...It works fine on my SL machine.

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

With all due respect, the answer to it hasn't been posted there, for the very good reason that the answers suggested don't work.

My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I am running windows 7, I installed the latest BBDM 6.0. I have a HP DV71254dx laptop, and a  BB 9530 storm. I cannot add or remove any applications and the BBDM is saying I have exceeded avaliable storage. The button that says apply at the bottom right is not active. Meaning I cannot click on it to apply the application settitings to remove applications.

PLEASE HELP THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!

BJ

New Contributor

Hi,

I've had the same problem and I have figured it out...for me anyway.  Make sure you have the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager and obviously the lastest software for BlackBerry Torch also.  So, ths is what worked for me...

connect phone to computer and click on Applications (top right)

click "Check for Updates"

click "Show Other Versions" (if there are no updates for phone)

chose "BlackBerry 6.0  6.0.0.246 (Current Version-Reload)

then select

Once this has reloaded and your device is restarted go back to Applications and add/delete (by checking or un-checking) what you want. 

*Warning:  I had a fair amount of trouble with error messages or something having to be reset, but after going through all the red tape and turning my phone off and on again a couple times it worked!!  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps or at least gets you started.

~Never missed my iPhone so much~

Geaux Tigers

New Contributor

P.S.  I'm running Mac OS X.