Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Apps- Link

I downloaded the Acrobible NIV that is supposed to be compatible with the Storm and cannot install it. Which Bible Application did you find that is compatible with the Storm?
Visitor

Re: Apps

Thanks for the tip. New user. When I went to the site on the browser it wouldn't let me move the screen to the download application.  Only half the screen would show.   Help.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9500

Are there projects in the works right now where people (or companies) are actively putting together cools apps/games/programs that will work specifically for the storm?  How hard would it be for those companies to take their apple apps and make them compatible for the storm...I'm sure they wouldn't mind the extra money from the sales of those apps.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm

Most assuredly there are.  Since 21 November the number of available apps has exploded.

With all the cool apps coming out for the G1 and other devices, it's a cinch there will be good ones for the Storm also. 

Contributor

I just hope they are up there with the Apple Aps, because I would really like to have fun with this phone.  Not to be a jerk or anything, but I have seen a lot of aps so far and I have been underwhelmed with a lot of them; maybe it is because they are all made for BlackBerry's that are not the storm, so when you view them on the Storm, they don't look that sharp.  

Contributor

I have installed the following:

Agendus 1.1 for Blackberry (Storm Version)

World Mate for Storm--works very well.

I am having an issue with the Storm on .75 firmware from Verizon rebooting alot--but otherwise the apps run fine.

Can anyone point me to an application manager which allows me to completely exit applications to save battery?

New Contributor

Ok.  Hope this is the place for a newbie question.  Been trying for two four days with new BlackBerry Storm.  How do I get Google Earth downloaded and do I need Java?  Read twenty five pages of questions and couldn't find the answer.  Help?
Developer

Re: Apps- NIV Bible

We have a Bible application designed specifically for the Storm:

http://www.acrobible.com/blackberry/bible.html

Contributor

Re: Apps- NIV Bible

I have a little background in creating programs...does anyone know if Blackberry can give people the right to create their own apps that are made specifically for the Storm?
New Contributor

I downloaded 2 apps from reading this thread.  The YouTube and Weather Bug apps.  I saved them both to my desktop.  I opened my Desktop Manager and it won;t recognize either of them.  I noticed they are both in a jad file format (whatever that means) and it looks like the apps formats are different.  How do I get these apps on my Storm?