Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9750
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Appworld 4.3.0.26 post install Java.Lang.Error problem

I regularly keep my applications on my BlackBerry 9780 up-to-date. in the recent Appworld upgrade (to version 4.3.0.26), as the software finished installing, I encountered an error message. The message is "uncaught exception: java.lang.error"

After the message, the icon of the Appworld is no longer displayed dispite the software is installed on the phone. Has anyone encountered this error? How can I make it work? The current version is still 4.3.0.26 for a few weeks now which means that my problem is quite specific and not systemic. Can anyone help?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Appworld 4.3.0.26 post install Java.Lang.Error problem

Hi matty1628

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Something might gone wrong with the recent update ! Have you tried reinstalling it again ? If not then try it .

To do that first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry World  from there.

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min.  and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld

and download the most recent version available . 

Try it and let us know if it fails.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I have tried your outlined steps and reinstalled a number of times. All end with the same error. Any other ideas?

Elite II

Hi matty1628

There are other ways to resolves this issue . 

Those Java errors are generally  related to any application that you have Installed in your device,On your Homescreen if you hold alt and type lglg it will show you those event log, you have to scroll down to see that specific  error an,if yopu’re able to view it the highlight that error > press the menu key and click on view . It will let you know with which application it is related ,  and Deleting that particular application may fix this error.

KB29215 : How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone.

If that fails then you have to Updating / Reloading your device OS  which will fix this error.to do that first do a backup of your device , then refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

So try it and let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you very much. It turned out that app "weather eye" was fighting and causing all the errors. the alt lglg trick worked well.

Thanks once again!

Elite II

Hi matty

You are most welcome... I am glad that you're able to figure out by yourself , the culprit app Smiley Happy

Cheers !