Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Appworld does not launch

Following the change of Blackberry Appworld to just Blackberry world, I updated the software and rebooted.

Now the Appworld icon does not launch and there is an appworld icon running in the background. But I cannot access the appworld/  nor can I access the applications.

Please help me out in this issue.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Appworld does not launch

Hello tugupta

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you're having problem while launching BlackBerry World then first advice is a Battery pull restart , do it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On wait for a min. Then reinsert it back, after reboot try it again and see if it works.

If that fails then you can consider reinstalling BlackBerry World again , to do that first uninstall any existing version of BlackBerry World  from your device , from  Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry  World ,

KB10040 :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Then perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On..  After device reboots from your BlackBerry Browser browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld to download the most recent version available.

Please Note, if problem persists then you have to refer to this Knowledge Base , Specifically # Resolution 1 within this Knowledge Base :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.