Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Arabic BBM Requests

I have recently started to get a ton of BBM requests by pin written in what appears to be Arabic. I have not given anyone my pin or posted it anywhere either. Is there a way to block or prevent these?

Thanks,

D

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Arabic BBM Requests

Someone might have posted your PIN by mistake to a BBM buddy request group.

Best chance is to google search your PIN and see if it shows up anywhere, and if you can, ask the forum administrator to delete it.

Otherwise, you can block PIN messages from outside your Address Book with your Security Firewall settings, but you can't block the BBM requests.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. I set the firewall settings already but as you said, it doesn't block BBM buddy requests. I googled pin and didn't find it either. I have started responding to some in hopes they tell me where they got my pin but no luck there either.

D

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

accept the friendship request, accept the group request, then disconnect from all of them.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: