Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: 7245704406

Archived Emails Still in message notifications

I recently just got a Curve 9310. It's been a little while since I've had a Blackberry but they are my favorite. I appreciate their simplicity. Anyway, one issue that I have so far is that when I get emails and archive them from the inbox without opening them, they are removed from the inbox but the message notifications are still there unless I first open them. This seems kind of stupid to me. Sometimes I get emails like receipts, etc., and I know what they say. I don't need to open them but I do want to keep them on record. I feel as though if I archive something the unread notifications should go away. I only want to see those notifications for emails I have yet to touch in my inbox. Anyway, anybody have a similar experience or a work around for this? Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: wind

Re: Archived Emails Still in message notifications

Hello! I dont think you can do this, you couldnt even do it on your computer, an unread email remains unread, until you ve oppened it. If I were you, I would try applying filters and send emails from specific addresses to specific folders, skipping inbox, which can be done right on your desktop.