Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Asian Language Pack

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

i was wondering as i switched from winmo device to bb

i could read and input asian language like chinese in my winmo device

but i dun seem to be able to find out more about this input language pack for my storm, as i do need to email, or sms in chinese language to some of my business contact and family members who likes to text in chinese sms.

i have requested a langauge pack from my mobile provider and still waiting for reply *cross fingers

and i do not want to install any "leak OS" or downgrade my current 4.7 OS

anyone who has experiences on this, kindly advice?.. Smiley Happy

apology if its a repeated posting

Message Edited by edren on 03-22-2009 06:02 AM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Asian Language Pack

If the Asian laguage pack is not supported by your carrier then you'll have to use OS that are released for Asian countries. No other option is available.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

i was hoping not to but guess bb doesnt have third party software like when i was using winmo

makes no sense not to have multi language support, its still good to communicate in native language at certain point to foster business partnership but so restricted by device we used these day...

but by installing asian OS will void the warranty by my mobile provider?

but if i were to install asian OS and will i still be able to get the bundle softwares by my mobile provider which they will push the app to my bb?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

While this isn't for the faint at heart, I know that OSes from certain carriers often come with Asian language support.  The OS I currently have installed gave me the option of installing Asian language support (it is a leaked OS though).  Installing these OSes doesn't void your warranty, but if you need service, it may make it more difficult to obtain as unofficial releases from other carriers or from leaked versions are not supported (you may need to revert to the original OS before obtaining support).  That said, this would indeed be one way to be able to get Asian language support.

Message Edited by Krypto on 03-22-2009 09:09 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks for the advice, if i download a official firmware from other country carrier like the .153 (east asia) os

does it still doesnt validate the warranty if any happened to my bb? and i have to revert back to my old .76 os to vaildate the original carrier warranty?

will there be any changes like upgraded the os to the .153 which im downloading now

will my orginal carrier bundle services and app like sat nav be gone? or its dependant on the mobile carrier itself no matter wat os my bb has? or the mobile carrier will just push the services and apps as usual on a new device when activated?

sorry abt asking more. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by edren on 03-23-2009 03:47 AM
Elite I

Its hard to say.  You may lose some integrated apps, but most seem to be present regardless.  One thing though, double-check that you're downloading the right OS version for the right phone (e.g. make sure that if you're using a 9530 in the US, that you download an OS for the 9530).  I'm a bit weary of the version you just stated... that's a new one I've never seen.  Check your private messages for an additional bit of info.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Student

I already tried too add the language but it's always appear pending install

and I can't apply to blackberry device 

I can't find what is the problem 

really need help 

thanks Smiley Happy 

New Contributor
My Device: pearls 9100 3G

where n how to get Indian language package.help me;
k=GXDCKCIDV43N9Z" '
Elite I

I'm not sure if there is a specific Indian language pack. But if there is, you should be able to find it within the Asian or All Languages OS versions.

Here is a link to the Aircel BlackBerry download site:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=C6D6445D97E06D08B60853156601CF58

The only catch with using that OS is that you will need to delete the file named Vendor.xml before loading the OS on your phone. You can find it in the following folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.

(Note: if you're on an older computer, you may only have one Program Files folder. If so, that is the one you want).

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: pearls 9100 3G

I use bsnl india .but I can't. get languge pack.wats to do ?
k=GXDCKCIDV43N9Z" '