Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: AT&T Curve
Accepted Solution

Attachment Question

I am unable to open an attachment on my 8300 curve.  Is this because when I loaded the desktop manager I did not load the media manager?  I did not load the mm because of the problems I read about in the forums.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Attachment Question

No, it is likely because you didn't load or don't have the BlackBerry Attachment Service.

But before we go further, what type attachments are you attempting to open?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Also which mail service you're trying to use? Can you attach files and send mails?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Okay I can email a picture off the phone to me and it opens the attachment.  But from the computer it is not working.  either with word, excel or picture attached.  It will say attachment in the note but the option to open the attachment isn't there.

not sure what you mean by amil service.  It's a work server.

the attachment service is installed on the device under options>advanced options>applications

Bearsfan62 wrote:

Okay I can email a picture off the phone to me and it opens the attachment.  But from the computer it is not working.  either with word, excel or picture attached.  It will say attachment in the note but the option to open the attachment isn't there.

not sure what you mean by amil service.  It's a work server.

the attachment service is installed on the device under options>advanced options>applications

Wait a second, you are asking how to open the picture on your PC (which you have emailed yourself from the BB)?

The image should be a JPG file format, which most PCs will open with Paint, ImageViewer, etc.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

yes is it is a jpg icture on my computer.  i emailed it to myself so I could put it as a background picture on my bb.  but it isn't working.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

The .jpg picture is probably to big for an attachment.

Check the size of the file and see if you can reduce it by downsizing the image

through the paintshop editor on your PC. The smaller the file size the better.

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks   

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Do exactly as BiFocals stated.

But we might could be of more assistance however you question is quite vague in terms of what happens when you try to open the JPG on your computer. Details always help.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

hmm...something must be happening due to the fact of me emailing to myself from the same computer.  sending from my yahoo account had no problems.  so it has to be something in our server.  so issue is basically solved but i did it before with my older BB (different company, different server)....sigh.  so who gets the kudos since i may have helped myself...(no cubs jokes bf)

thanks

Contributor

as this was all refering to opening an attachment on the bb.  but the attachment was changing to a windat i guess for emailing to myself.

(an fyi, i had already resized the picture to email small size before any of this, so it wasn't that)