Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Attachments/Excel Spreadsheets

I hope you don't get tired of me....

One of the reasons I bought my new curve was to get email attachments on the go. I've been able to open all so far, but today I got an Excel doc that I had been waiting for, but it won't open. Message on the BB is "Password not supported for this format. Resend?" I did that, but same message came back.

Any ideas? I was able to open it on my laptop and was able to see it was just an Excel Spreadsheet. 

I've noticed viewing is Read Only, so I'm guessing that I'll need to download/buy software to actually edit word/excel docs. (My Widows Mobile device came preloaded with Office Mobile)

Any advice what is good and free/not too expensive? I don't do a lot of spreadsheet work, but like to keep track of my office expenses and car mileage etc.

Would like to be able to sync with my desktop (when I get that running. We use Outlook at work)

Help!

scott

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Attachments/Excel Spreadsheets

Sprint support tells me they are "working" on a fix for the attachment issues. Certain attachments will not open. Pictures will not open either. Size does matter, I guess.