Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

Attempting to open a secure connection but server's certificate is untrusted

I'm having a window that pops up every minute on my Blackberry Bold device with the below message:

"You are attempting to open a secure connection to: rcp.ap.blackberry.com but the server's certificate contains a different domain name: gateway.2wire.net"

and then presented with 3 options: "Continue", "Close Connection" or "View Certificate".

popup

Upon clicking "View Certificate", it is stated that gateway.2wire.net is "Untrusted Cert Chain", "Stale Chain Status" and "Not Trusted", therefore I did not select "Continue" for it.

Could you let me know how I may remove this popup completely please?   I've been to this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Other-BlackBerry-Smartphones/Continuous-quot-attempting-to-op...

and tried the solutions suggested within, ie. resending the service books and re-registering my device, also checked the device's date and time as well, but to no avail.  I would appreciate your advice on this problem please.  Thank you.  

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Attempting to open a secure connection but server's certificate is untrusted

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, on blackberry 5.0 & 6.0 device. Can any one help ? 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Attempting to open a secure connection but server's certificate is untrusted

Hi,..

Try to hard reset the device and re-activate if needs ..

thanks

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Developer

hi,

Thanks for reply.. but will that help? i doubt as I have a new device and even this issue is reproducibale on simulator.

Super Contributor

Yes mostly the Hard reset the device works..

If not try to delete the Email account and add again.  

And the last option is to Backup the Device and Wipe and restore and Add the Account on the Device. As it is the issue of the Certificates this will surely work for you. 

thanks

Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Bold

Hi,

I was posted the one who posted the original message.   I found out that the error occurred due to an unstable internet connection, as it only happened in the office and not at home.   Restarting the modem helped then and the problem did not recur.  

Super Contributor

Yes i saw one article says unstability due to internet connection . .

Anyways thanks for  your update.

Thanks

Thanks
Developer

Thank you... Smiley Happy