Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Audio clarity of the Media Player changes when I press the Play/Pause button

Hi All, I have a blackberry Torch 9860 and I'm experiencing a weird issue. When I play the MP3 songs on the BB its works with the Equalizer which is set. However, when I press the Pause button and play the song again the Audio goes very worse. I will have to stop the entire media player and play again. Also, if I receive an Email notification while I'm listening to any music, the audio clarity changes to some horrible thing. The Audio Boost option is also missing from the Option menu of the Media Player. The OS installed is BB 7.1 bundle 2061(V7.1.0.714,platform Kindly help!!
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Audio clarity of the Media Player changes when I press the Play/Pause button

Hi Akshivanand ,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To rule out any software issue that may be causing this, could you please try to first back up all your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and then perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software? For further steps, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Could you also please test to make sure the issue has been fully resolved before restoring your backup file?

Let me know if that fixes the issue for you.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!