Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Audio rerouting headaches

My Blackberry Bold 9790 connects via Bluetooth with my Sony Vaio Netbook for synchronisation purposes and that works fine. My Blackberry also connects to my Jabra Wave headset that I use in the car and in my office so I can enter appointments into my calendar while being on the phone. So far so good. But sometimes the following happens. I come into my office, headset connected to the BB. I turn on my netbook. The Bluetooth connection with the Netbook is established automatically. But sometimes the audio gets rerouted to the Netbook, so when I pick up the phone to answer an incoming call, the audio suddenly gets rerouted through the Netbook in stead of staying routed to the headset. I only want to use the Bluetooth connection with the netbook for synchronisation. I use Windows 7 Premium Home. I have disabled the audio gateways in the Bluetooth Device (Blackberry 9790) properties in Windows, but somehow these pproperties are reset on the next connection. On my phone I can see what Bluetooth services are used for the connection with the Netbook but I can't restrict or edit them. Does anyone have a solution? I think it would make sense if RIM could allow for edting the Bluetooth services per paired device so I could uncheck the audio gateway and handsfree services for the connection with my Vaio. Or maybe there is an app out there that does just that out there that I have not discovered yet?