Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Auto Dimming

Hi - I turned off the auto dimming function OFF by going into "Options>>Screen/Keyboard>>Automatically Dim BacklightSmiley SurprisedFF  But the backlight continues to dim and brighten automatically.   CAN ANYONE HELP?  Verizon could not help out at all.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Auto Dimming

This happens to me too.  When I have auto dim on the screen changes from light to dark depending on the light conditions in the room.  When I turn the auto dim off the light goes dim a few seconds before it turns off perhaps as a warning.  So they are different indications.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Auto Dimming

This happens to me on my Tour 9630. There is a light sensor on the front of the phone and even with Autodim set to 'Off' the keyboard & screen still dim depending on the lighting conditions in the room. I believe 'Autodim' just automatically dims the screen no matter what the lighting conditions are. I would really love some additional info about this so I can figure out if my phone is faulty or not!