Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Auto answer with Bluetooth headset question

I could have sworn there was a way.

Heres the thing.

I have paired my headset device to my phone, however under Bluetooth Options I disabled the device; the product is still listed its just that my Blackberry Storm does not flash the blue light (to let me know Bluetooth is still connected)

Ok so its paired but disconnected.

I could have sworn that if I was to receive a phone call, that I can hit the "answer" button on my headset and it would auto connect and pick up the call, am I wrong? Do I need to see the blue light flashing on my Blackberry in order for it to pick up the call?

If I can, then what options do I need to select because I cant make it work atm LOL

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

Re: Auto answer with Bluetooth headset question

It don't work that way. You have to turn Bluetooth connections on, in your handheld (blue light flashing) in order to use your headset. You don't have to go into Bluetooth options to enable Bluetooth, in Manage connections, if Bluetooth is off, see "X" in front of it. Just press the Bluetooth and the check comes on, means enabled, "on." Smiley Wink

hi!!! i have the same problem, not matter what i do to my bb i can get he headset disconnected. I turned it off and on again but everytime i make a phone call i have to use the headset to talk please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee if you find the solution...

thanks

Trusted Contributor

On accident I think I found out how or rather it even only happened once so I'm not sure if it works this way.

Say you are receiving a phone call, you got 3 choices on your touchscreen (answer/ignore/or something)

But you also have that phone button to normally get to the phone dialer right?

Well when my headset was already hooked up to the storm I hit the phone button (dialer) not on the screen and it asked if I wanted to route the call to the handset (instead of ear piece)

Maybe thats the key?