Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9700 bold & BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Trigcom

AutoText help or some HEX / editor(?) - .ipd file -

Hello friends!

A rather different question, i've tried google it but didn't find any good program for the thing i'm looking for.

I've was recently forced to do a softwear update on my Bold 9700. And ofc, I didn't have any backup for it.

But the only thing i misses are my 500 manually-added autotext words. And it will take me weeks to remember and add them all! Right now i have added like 30 words and i was thinking is there any like hex-editor or something (i've just tried magicberry and Elcomsoft Blackberry Addressbook Editor but with no luck).

If i found any windows based edit program (just edit the .ipd backup file) that i can just add them through my computer and then sync with bb desktop softwear it would take me 10minutes.

Can someone help me solve this 'big' problem?

Best regards.
The Swede! 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: AutoText help or some HEX / editor(?) - .ipd file -

I don't know of an editor that will work for you.

But...

1. Get the free app "AutoText Backup" from AppWorld, and backup your AutoText to your media card. That's for the next time.

2. Are you sure you don't have a backup from previous that you can restore? I did, and was able to restore to the point of my last backup. Now, I have the app mentioned above installed and can restore from it.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9700 bold & BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Trigcom

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that JSanders, but from now on I'm going to backup once a week Smiley Happy
And yeah i had a backup but i got hdd crash on my computer the week before so i only had backups from the beggining of my 9700 phone-time with like 100 autotext's. So that didn't help, unfortantly!

But some editor should work? Are you familiar with this hex editors?

Like this (good to do some advertising because stuff like this can be usfull for other persons)
http://abc-amber-blackberry-converter.en.softonic.com/
But insted of contact editor - AutoText.
I will try to find Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I am familar with ABC Amber, which is now the product of Elcomsoft (they bought ABC Amber, I believe).

It would be perfect if you could edit the txt file and then import it back to the IPD and restore to the handheld.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code