Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Automatic Deletion of Emails

I am using the 8320 on an Enterprise Server and experienced a problem yesterday after about 6 weeks of usage.  All messages that i have accumulated in my inbox were deleted without any direction from me except for yesterday's emails.  Then today, all of yesterday's emails were deleted and all i have are today's emails in my inbox. 

I tried to reconcile the file but nothing happens.

All emails are still on the Server so they werent permanently deleted. 

What is causing this?

New Contributor

Re: Automatic Deletion of Emails

I had the same problem for about a week, and then it reversed itself.  I continue to be unaware of what caused it or fixed it.  I would like to know in case it happens again.  Anyone?

Contributor

Please let me know also. Mine automaticall deletes my e-mail about every 4 hours.The funny part is any messages sent from BB stay?
New Contributor

The interesting note to my problem is that the deleted emails on my handheld are all historical emails prior to the day in which they were deleted (i.e., if the deletion occurs on Saturday, all email from Friday to the beginning of service are deleted) AND the first email i received on the handheld which was a welcome from T-Mobile.  THe T-Mobile email did not go through our Enterprise Server.

New Contributor

When emails start deleting automatically without provocation, it's usually caused by the internal device memory becoming filled up.  For example, all of your emails are stored on the built-in memory rather than the media card.  When the internal memory reaches approximately 14 mb of free space, it starts to automatically delete emails to make room.  This is an annoying problem.  The way I got around this was to disable wireless reconciliation.  This doesn't mean that you won't receive email, it means that it won't synchronize your bb with your Inbox on your computer (Outlook or GroupWise, etc.).  I actually spoke to RIM about this and that was their solution.  I wish I had better news - maybe someone else does.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

It starts trying to reclaim memory at 400K, not 14mb(close enuff Smiley Happy )

What is Low Memory Manager

Cheers!