Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Automatic Reset (without purpose) - Blackberry Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I've a probleme with my Blackberry Bold 9900.

Indeed, this morning, after the Blackberry's alarm clock rang, the phone turned on, and asked me my PIN (OK), then the phone Password, as usual.

Yet, my usual phone password didn't work, so it asked me to type the word "blackberry", and then my phone password again.

But the phone still didn't recognize it, and so, for the last try, it told me that if the pasword was wrong, all my data would be deleted...

As a result, I tried my phone password a last time, and a white screen appeared, with a loading symbol.

Currently, I removed my Sim card, and try to turn on the phone again, but I got the same screen.

(Actually, I did it a first time, then remove the SD Card too, and turn on the phone again, but same problem)

I really don't understand what happened, and I'm pretty angry about it because I didn't ask anything.

Moreover, I still can't use my phone now.

So, have you any idea of what happended, and why? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry if there are any mistakes in my message, I'm not an anglophone. Smiley Embarassed

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Automatic Reset (without purpose) - Blackberry Bold 9900

If you put in the wrong password 10 times the device will wipe all the user data on the phone leaving the phone just as it was out of the box. Your data is gone and there is nothing you can do at this point. You need to let the loading symbol finish the wiping process. Once it's done you can set the phone up again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer. 

You're right, that's what my phone did. Fortunately, I could save my SD and Sim Card data, yet, most of them were on my phone...

Anyway, that's ok now, I will use Blackberry Protect to avoid these desagrements!

Yet, there is still something that I don't understand... Why my Blackberry didn't recognize the phone password?

It was 0853, the same since the beginning, so, I'm sure of this! And I kept  pressing "alt", so it couldn't replace the numbers by letters... I really don't want to have this problem again!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I would have no way of knowing that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Never mind. Sometimes, Blackberry's phones do some strange stuff... Even if they are great otherwise Smiley Happy