Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Automatic keylock

How does one set the keylock to cut in automatically after a certain number of minutes of not being used. I've had that facility on all my recent (much much cheaper) phones but can't see how to do it on my 8520.

Also is it possible to set the keylock with the 'clock' app open? That would be particularly useful.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: Automatic keylock

Hi - I'm not too sure - but when I had my phone password protected, it would automatically lock after about a minute. But since taking the password off I have to do it manually. 

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: maxis

you may go option-> password-> unable the password. Hope it helps u.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I find placing in holster when not in use locks the phone. Withdrawing from holster and device is open again-no buttons to press

Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks Eyyong. I have disabled the password but still have to manually lock keypad each time I put the phone in my pocket. I was hoping I could set it so that the keypad lock would come on automatically after 2, 3, 5 or however many minutes one wanted. It seems possible on even the cheapest nokia & S/E phones.