Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Automatically download full email messages?

Hi there,

I know that it's possible to enable the Auto More All option to automatically download the rest of a message when you've scrolled to the bottom of a partially downloaded message, but I think what I'm asking is slightly different.

Is it possible to enable the handset (Bold 9900) to automatically download entire messages by default? My CEO commutes on the underground tube to and from work/meetings/appointments, and when she scrolls to the bottom of a partially downloaded message, the 'auto more all' function won't work because the handset has no signal, whilst she's underground.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Automatically download full email messages?

Here's a couple of suggestions...

Under Messages > Options > Email Preferences, I unchecked "Confirm External Image Download".  That seemed to help.

What really did the trick for me, was the app "Show Me the Images".  By configuring the options within that app, I now get full html email -- the complete message, attachment and any embedded images.  I have a hefty data plan, so I'm not concerned about how much data I download.  The best $1.99 cdn I've spent in BB App World.

Hope this helps. ~ecm