Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

Available Devices

in App World, how do I:

1. Get rid of an old device

2. Add a new device

Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Re: Available Devices

when you buy a new device just do the device switch using you Desktop Software. the rest will sort itself out.

Also might e a problem if you have BlackBerry Protect installed and active whilst the new device has a different account logged in
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor

Thanks, but this is not a device switch. The old device belonged to my former company, the new is a personal purchase.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

So, what you want is your same BBID/AW account (with all purchase records) transferred from that old device over to this new one? See this:

• KB17625 How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone

Basically, its a matter of logging into BBID/AW using the exact same credentials...then it will drop off the old BB and switch to the new one. The only caveat is apps that you may previously have had that are not compatible with this new device...they won't be available for reinstallation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

There are no old purchase records.In fact, there is no relationship between the two devices at all. The problem is that when I log in, it only shows the old device as 'available'. I need to delete that one and add , for all intents and purposes, a completey new and distinct device.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Yes, and as I said, on the new device, if you log into that existing AW account, it will do exactly what you want.

One BBID/AW account can have only one BB (at a time) associated with it...and the act of logging into the BBID/AW account, from the BB itself, is what shifts the account registration information away from the old BB and over to the new one.

Indeed, since there are no purchase records, what is the point of all of this anyway? With no purchase records, there would be no problem with just creating a whole new BBID/AW account for this new BB and simply abandoning the old one (unless, of course, you want to use the same email address for the registration of the account, in which case you do need to get it shifted).

Maybe you need to describe in more detail exactly what you are seeing, and exactly where you are seeing it. For instance, if you are looking only at the AW interface via PC/Browser, please switch to the on-device AW interface. It is directly on this new device, within the BBID/AW interface, that you need to log into that existing AW account.

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding your situation...

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

OK, I will try to describe the situation better :-)

- I have a new device.I would like to download applications from APp World to my desktop, then transfer them to the device.

- I sign in to App World. It filters by device. Under 'Available Devices', it shows my old BB and my PlayBook.

- I don't really want to to abandon the old account, and I shouldn't have to.

- What I would like to do is (i) delete the old device and (ii) add the new device.

Using App World from the device was the key step. Thanks for the tip :-)

Hall of Famer III

So, you are all set now? I can't quite tell for sure... If so, then you are very welcome and enjoy!

Cheers!

New Contributor

Yes, I'm fine.

Hall of Famer III

Excellent! Enjoy!