Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: None

BATTERY IS BECOMING HOT & LASTS ONLY A FEW HOURS

Hallo.

I have my mobil only since a few months but running into some problems with it which seems unusual considering also the price of the phone.

1) i charged the battery of my phone over night (meaning in the morning it was fully charged). by 3pm it was already totally empty. i re-charged it till dinner. now at 11:30pm it is again fully empty and i noticed also that the phone and battery are totally hot!

what do i do? this doesn't seem normal. i recently downloaded 2 games onto the phone but i don't think this has necessary somethign to do with it.

2) i have a problem with the trackpad. it moves around the menu normally and sometimes within inside options, but as example inside an sms to move up and down sentences or messages, it doesn't move at all. it doesn't move at all. i try to see if i changed a setting or something but didn't seem to find anything.

would begrat if you could let me know what i could do to fix this problem as i really like this phone and doesn't make sense why i am running into bugs with it!

tks.

SJ

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BATTERY IS BECOMING HOT & LASTS ONLY A FEW HOURS

Your issue is more than likely related to something weird going on with your OS.  I'm going to recommend an OS reload.  This should resolve both the hot battery and the draining battery issues.  To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone connects, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Pick a recent restore point and load it.

Post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: None

Re: BATTERY IS BECOMING HOT & LASTS ONLY A FEW HOURS

thank you for your answer and this is helpful! now i don't have a blackberry desktop software or at least didn't install it yet. how do i do that (this might sounds stupid, just i haven't done it as so far when i connected by blackberry it was for downloading things or charing it).

also if i re-set the OS, i won't lose any information such as addresses & phone # I added right?

TKU!

SJ

BillJ wrote:

Your issue is more than likely related to something weird going on with your OS.  I'm going to recommend an OS reload.  This should resolve both the hot battery and the draining battery issues.  To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone connects, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Pick a recent restore point and load it.

Post back with your results.  Smiley Happy