Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

BAck Button Non-Operational

It's clear that many people have encountered the same annoying problem "the back button simply doesn't respond".  Personally I'm convinced it's a hardware problem.  If I hold the phone vertically and strike the bottom edge of the phone on a hard horizontal surface the button subsequently works (almost every time).  Bell have offered to send it for repair for me but I'll loose the phone for more than a week!  This is simply not an option.  Sorry but it's the last time I'll own a Torch.  Good luck to everybody with this problem..

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BAck Button Non-Operational

Hello Eric,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with the back button on your BlackBerry smartphone.

Please backup and complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

If this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: BAck Button Non-Operational

Im Happy to give you an update on my Torch 9860 back button problem.  Bell Mobility were no-use to me even after visiting two local stores and having an extended telephone call to the main help centre.  After this, I found a local independent repair shop and left it there.  24 hours after I picked-it up. It looked brand new and the buttons worked nicely.  I did have to pay $90 but this was far less than Bell would have charged for sure.  The repair company was:  Mobilinq in Brampton Ontario.

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Regards..

Eric Hutchins