Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB 7.1 OS for 9790 loading issues

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have downloaded the official Telenor release of OS 7.1 and i am trying to load to my device.  I download it from the RIM site, save it to my PC and then plug in my device to desktop manager, I back it up and then search for new updates and the sorftware tells me that it is connecting to my device and then tells me that there is no software updates available.

This is getting a bit frustrating as I know the software is on my PC.

Can anyone help?  If so can you contact me <Personal Content Removed>

Thanks you very much.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 7.1 OS for 9790 loading issues

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You missed a step...you "save it" to your PC, but you then need to run it on your PC so that the OS package installs to your PC. Then the Desktop Software should be able to recognize it and offer it for your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: cell c

i have a similar problem with my 9790, only when i try and load the 7.1 OS it keeps saying 'error, check internet connection or try again later' and iv been trying the whole day. please assist !

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Lisch wrote:

i have a similar problem with my 9790, only when i try and load the 7.1 OS it keeps saying 'error, check internet connection or try again later' and iv been trying the whole day. please assist !

Hello,

Please be exact and complete with the error text...this sounds like a specific one, but the wording is not quite exact.

Thanks!

PS -- everyone can always try searching the Public KB database for any error messages they receive:

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

ok i'll try and eplain as best i can...on my Phone it says theres an error 507 and that i should reload software. i opened my Desktop Manager and follwed the prompts to upload version 7.1 of the software. once the window to install opens, it reaches maybe 13% and then an error appears saying 'an error has occured while downloading software for your device. Please verify internet connection or try again later if problem persists'. thats the gist of it.

i hope this helps you identify the problem because im lost.

New Contributor

the app error 200 doesn't appear anymore since i wiped out the fone with BBSAK

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Lisch wrote:

ok i'll try and eplain as best i can...on my Phone it says theres an error 507 and that i should reload software. i opened my Desktop Manager and follwed the prompts to upload version 7.1 of the software. once the window to install opens, it reaches maybe 13% and then an error appears saying 'an error has occured while downloading software for your device. Please verify internet connection or try again later if problem persists'. thats the gist of it.

i hope this helps you identify the problem because im lost.

Yup...that helps perfectly...thanks!

507 means that there is no OS on your BB at all, which can be recovered from. The other error means that the Desktop Software is attempting to automatically download what it needs for your BB from the internet, but for some reason it cannot. So, to remedy, we need to defeat that automatic method and, instead, you take control of everything.

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Don't forget to backup.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Hall of Famer III

Lisch wrote:

the app error 200 doesn't appear anymore since i wiped out the fone with BBSAK

Ahhh...OK...I think I'm starting to piece it all together... You had an AppError 200, used BBSAK to wipe your BB, but now have the 507 error and can't get out of it. That all strings together perfectly logically now.

The challenge we have in these forums is that if one user posts in multiple places, putting in each a little bit of their situation, we can't really piece all of that together so as to understand their situation. Keeping all of the information together is the best way for us to understand, and thereby hopefully provide useful guidance.

Good luck!

New Contributor

IT WORKED!! thank you so much, i think i was about ready to pull my hair out. thanks again!

Hall of Famer III

I am very happy it worked...you are most welcome...enjoy!