Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8100 keep restarting itself

I have a problem with my 8100;it restarting itself after reinstall OS

I was forced to reinstall OS because of this problem,but nothing solved

First i tried to reinstall the 4.5.0.55but after the reinstall,a box wich say" verifying security software" appear and i think that everything is just fine,but when the initial setup appear(a box containing 3 choices:run setup wizard,remind me later,dont ask me again) i wasn't able to scroll up or down.If i try to click the trackball or enter key nothing happen.Afer aprox 1 min the phone restart itself.

After that,i've read somewhere that is need to downgrade your OS and i've downgraded to the 4.2.1

Now i'm able to scroll up or down in intial setup box,but the enter or trackball event isn't assigned and the phone keep restarting.

The install procedure was this:

install desired device software on PC

delete vendor.xml

running loader.exe and conecting the device without battery so that the pin number appear in the box(pin:xxxxxxxxxxx or somethime pin:unknown)

after that plugging in the battery and load the instalation and wait until finish

in one case i tried with commnad line (loader /nojvm) option  but the same story

in the past when i've upgraded my device os,i had similary problems(than i failed the upgrade and i was forced to reinstall the os like now ,but despite now ,with succes)

This problem appear from nothing,my phone was working,sitting on my desk and when i want to see what time is,i realized that the phone was turnned off and i wah thinking that the battery is discharged,but when i realized that the phone is restarting...........

The ideea is that my phone was working and after 1 min was crashed without my interaction 

Sorry my english

Hope that somebody have the"cure"

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 8100 keep restarting itself

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

The method upgrading the device you described is the best to use. It should work.

You might have some third party applications or a theme on the device which is not compatible with OS 4.5, which could be causing the restarts.

I would recommend a complete wipe of the device.

You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i tried the method described in the link but the same symtoms

I wiped the phone(i must say that when i wiped the phone the battery was plugged in(without battery i can't connect to the handheld and succesfuly wipe))

After i got the 507 error,i opened desktop manager and install the software 4.2.

but in the end the result was the same

I gues that is some hard problems(some internal conectivity issues on mainboard)

Once time ,i charged the phone with other charger than bb charger(the pins format was the same) but was working after that

Thanks anyway

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ok, I didn't know you had done all that and that it had not worked out for you.

That's the only suggestion I can make.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Cingular 8700c

My BB 8700 keep restarting itself Too

I was checkin my mail when it suddenly went off so I tryd charging it back but everytime it keeps rebooting, switching on and off and its been like dat all dat............I'll appreciate a quik response pls.