Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

SX
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Smart

BB 8100

I'm just curios if having my unit "open lined" since it was from the US and the carrier was T-Mobile has got to do with my unit not having service book entries?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BB 8100

Hi Luisa

I'm sorry to hear that you still have the same issues with the phone. Please be informed that unlocked phones or "Open Lined" as we call it here in the Philippines only unlocks the GSM capability of the phone (SMS, Browsing and Calling) but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is unlocked for BIS. If that phone has been purchased online, we cannot tell of its been unlocked by its previous Carrier for BIS service. It could be a lost/stolen phone or an unpaid phone that's why the service books don't push onto the phone. Have you contacted Smart about it or request for Service Books?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Highlighted
SX
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Smart

Re: BB 8100

As I remember there was a service book entries but I accidentally deleted it since I was not familiar how a BB phone works..the unit was given by a friend from the US since he has a new unit purchased.