Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8120 doesnt have video recording icon - Video recording doesnt exist

Hi, I purchase a new BB 8120 on ebay, I think it is originally from Spain. I dont have the icon of video recording i tried to look for all over, could not find it. I'm sure it is the 8120, \i have the Wifi function working well.

Please your help!

Thanks,

Ronen

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB 8120 doesnt have video recording icon - Video recording doesnt exist

I would say one of a couple of different things it could be:

1.  It's really an 8100?  Check Options >About.  I know you said wifi was working but some have mistaken "Wireless Network" for wifi.  If it's indeed wifi you are referring to, then it has to be an 8120.

2.  Is the icon hidden?  Hit menu and select "show all" from the home screen.

3.  Does the device have an IT policy?  Check in Options >Security Options >General Settings and scroll to the bottom and look for any reference to an IT Policy.  If it shows an IT policy (even "Default") then you should remove it. 

4.  Someone may have removed the modules for the video camera.  Install the OS to your computer along with Desktop Manager and then run application loader to reinstall it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks,

I checked it is WiFi, So I assume it is 8120. I have the Desptop Manager, How do upload the video recording software through the application loader. Can download from anywhere only the video app ?

I went into the application loader and presses Add, but what do I need to do next ?

Thanks,

R

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Did you check the other items on the list?  I posted them in order of probability of that being the problem.  Your device is running OS 4.3 or higher, correct?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes, check the above list, no IT Policy. Yes, I have 4.3v
New Contributor

In addition, when I load the application loader, it display a message "No software is available for you device"
Guru II

Look in Options >About and see what OS version you have on the device.  Then install that same OS version to your computer.  You can find the OS downloads for your carrier here.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just downloaded and tried the app loader and it doesnt populate my existing or new application it displays "no new application ready for you device"