Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: Rogers

BB 8220 and PlayBook

I am probably just being paranoid, but (a) I have a BB Pearl Flip 8220 which I am happy with, and (b) I am interested in buying a PlayBook.  I know that my 8220 is geting old and a bit obsolete (for example some newer BB apps won't run on it) so I just want to be sure that I can connect the PlayBook to my 8220 and be able to use them "tethered" .  Does anybody know the definitive answer to that?  I can't afford to buy both a PlayBook and a new BB smartphone, so if the answer is negative then I won't be getting a PlayBook in the near future.

New Contributor
My Device: 8220 pearl flip
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: BB 8220 and PlayBook

Well due to the lack of response I guess theres your answer.  i have the same question, but my interest in keeping the 8220 is becasue i just REALLY like the flip phone's high visibility screen and half querty. Newer blackberrys have keypads that are too small for my big fingers.

I want to add a playbook as well... but the lack of web available information on the compatibility between these 2 devices has me in limbo..  Did you find an answer from other sources?